Friday, November 18, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Monday, November 14, 2011
1. The bully is very daunting when I see him in the halls
2. The president had a lot of charisma
3. The bar patrons squandered after having a few to many drinks
4. The general had to pacify the soldiers during the war
5. The Black Friday shoppers were very ardent
6. The Black Friday shoppers went through the labyrinth of aisles
7. The dog was acting very supercilious towards the other dogs
8. The family needed countenance after there loved ones death
9. The terrorists were very beset on their targets
10. The terrorists made other nations placate
11. The thunderstorm made the airports problems more exacerbate
12. The press cursored the breaking news
13. The officials were marred after the scandal came to the press
14. The natives were very indigenous
15. Africa has a dearth with fresh water
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011
You think you have a bad life because you don't view the latest entertainment? Technology or Clothing? Well Grovers Corner had worse of what you had. Yeah they still had clothing and entertainment but it wasn't like what you had. They had only the basics in life. Now you have iPhones, Flat Screen TV's, Blu-Ray Movies and gadgets that can do all sorts of stuff! They had simple clothing that was nice and formal but now we have all sorts of clothing. The book we read was Our Town by Thornton Wilder.
We all know that back then the only way to contact someone was by mail or going to the person(s) house. Now we have phones/cellphones, e-Mail, texting and social networking sites. So what kind of entertainment do you think they had? They didn't have Monopoly or Mouse Trap. They never had movie theaters or TV's. They never had a App Store full of games and entertainment. Again they didn't have iPhones or a iPad. They didn't have a lot of stuff!! The late 1800's and early 1900's were very different with entertainment, technology, clothing and food. That all combined is a culture trait which is different now then in the Our Town era.
In the book they mentioned they had sports. For example, baseball since George was the best player in the town according to (put persons name here). They could have had football but that was never mentioned. Now we have basketball, golf and tennis. Also those mini sports you play in gym class. One of those from what I can remember would be team handball.
Games were certainly different. Yes they had sports as mentioned above but they had other games to play. Such as jumprope, boomerang, jacks, hopscotch and checkers. So now we have those games but more board games like Monopoly, Sorry, Chutes and Ladders, Trouble and Candy Land. The only one thats a board game probably available back then was checkers. They also never had a iPod Touch and a App store to download and play games!
Technology was different back then it is now. They had the first automobiles in the early 1900's but now we have all different types of cars. Cars are smaller and bigger and have different colors and speeds. They never had cell phones or iPod's. Never had a internet service or a Kindle. They had books and not these new e-Books.
I personally think that it has changed because if you put someone from Our Town into South Portland now, it would be a "smack in the face".
So the late 1800's and early 1900's were different with technology as I reviewed. We still had the sport's, entertainment and games but they were different and less advanced. We had the same sports as back then put invented more. We never had phones or email but got those later on. We had some board games or games to play and invented more later on. So I think that technology back in the Our Town era was different then now.
Friday, November 4, 2011
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Tuesday, November 1, 2011